[amayausers.com] Re: Help With TTF

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:04:11 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/711.html#000007

Uuuuuhh....I think Barb meant to say, "change that to 12 points as the default
is set to 8 points.

The "Minimun Column Width" , found in the lettering properties window under the
"Column" tab, is the correct tool to be using in this case along with adjusting
the "Pull Comp" if it is needed also.

Adjusting the "Minimum Column Width" will only affect the "narrow" or skinny
portions of the lettering. Pull Comp affects all portions of the lettering,
both thin and fat....you can either increase "Pull Comp" by using the pecentage
or by adding points to the column. Using percentage does not always give us the
look we want even tho the lettering is being adjusted proportionally. It will
make the "fat" areas look like they grow in width faster than the skinny areas.
Adding "points", allows you to better control the expansion by adding the same
width on both sides of the entire lettering columns. Lets say, you add 2 points
to your lettering. Using this tool, it will add 2 points to each side of every
column thru-out the lettering unless, that is, you are only dealing with one
letter in the word or words.....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer