[amayausers.com] Re: Help Not connecting to machine

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 15:20:25 UT

This message was posted by Greenwing on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1245.html#000004

You may want to try a different cable
I know the other may have been the one you have been using and it was fine.

But the machine vibratins and ect could (prob. not I give you) but could have
caused a failure in the wire.

the wire is about $5-$10.

I have had them go out in the past.

For no reason and then also because of a new puppy finding it....

Can't hurt to try.

By the way if you can see the port in the device manager on the computer then
the port should still be OK.

the one on the machine the only indicator of the ethernet port working is on
the motherboard there is an LED that indicates it being hooked up.

But it does require you to  remove the tray and the top on the motherboard.
I truly doubt it is the eithernet on the machine.

I would start with the cheepest component the cord.
then restart very thing Computer, machine, AOS and go form there.