[amayausers.com] Re: Help! Bobbin thread cuts too short

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 05:32:41 +0000

Hey Bill,
Two things to consider.  "One" easy to check and "one" a little more
complicated.
First, if your bobbin tension it too tight, this can cause problems with your
trimming system.

Second, you could be in need of a trimmer overhaul which is done by a certified
technician.  If it were easy for me to tell you what to check, I would give it
a try but it would be the same as trying to learn Karate from a book.
Your trimmer system is like your front end alignment on your car.  Even if your
car is new, one good pot-hole or even something not being set right at the
factory could cause your alignment to not be correct.
As for "trims", remember this...  Trimmer systems only came about some 10-15
years ago or so.  Before that time, you had to trim everything by hand.
The trimmer systems on embroidery machines require many factors to be "just
right" for both the bobbin and top thread to be trimmed correctly each and
everytime.  This is also very much a mechanical process.  Which means it's only
a matter of time before something needs attention.
THEREFORE, when I digitize a design, I try to make sure that I only have trims
where necessary (like before a color change) otherwise I will be asking a great
deal of my trimmer system and also increasing the amount of time it takes to
sew the embroidery.
I recently assisted another member of this group with a design where I was able
to reduce 15 trims down to only 6.  I hope you see where I'm going with this...
 If  your designs have an unnecessary number of trims, your trimmer system will
be put to the test.

Good Luck to you,
Ed Orantes
504-258-6260
The Embroidery Authority
"If I don't know the answer to your question,...  I don't know the answer to
your question."

-------------- Original message from "Griffin William" <wag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
--------------

Friends,

            Thanks for all your past help. You are lifesavers!

            This morning we had a needle to break. When we retrieved the broken
needle, there was also a minute piece of metal that did not come from the
needle.

            I have called our tech and he can?t come until Thursday.

            In the meantime, it seems that the only problem we?re having is
that the bobbin thread is cut too short at each cut?and there is no ?pick up?
by the upper thread when we start the next letter, etc., after a cut.

            Do you have any suggestions?

                                    Bill

Bill & Trish Griffin
EmbroiderOn