[amayausers] Re: Having trouble with Micro Fonts

  • From: John Yaglenski <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amaya Users <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:33:15 -0400

Roland:

It's quite simple actually.  Any message from the discussion boards says the
following right at the top -

This message was posted by Kip from Brookside Designs on AmayaUsers.com.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE
by clicking here:

If you see that, reply via the link provided or ignore it - it's up to you.
We have made this as simple as possible - in order to the vast variety of
people who use the Amaya and has been working quite well.

John

On 10/12/06 11:29 AM, "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> [...]
> answer.
> I'll just start ignoring everything and not answer at all.
>
> Roland
>
> Sunrise Graphics
> 116 Main St
> Claremont, NH 03743
> 603-543-1324
> Preferred method of files is PDF
> to our email-we are all MAC based graphic programs here
> signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On Oct 12, 2006, at 11:09 AM, John Yaglenski wrote:
>
>> Roland:
>>
>> This question was asked on the discussion boards.  Please reply
>> there. :)
>>
>> The original poster will not see your reply here.
>>
>> JOHN
>>

>> On 10/12/06 11:10 AM, "Roland R. Irish III"
>> <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Some of the problems with pique knits and small lettering is in the
>>> material itself. If you look close-pique is 'ribbed', like the old
>>> cordoroy pants we had as kids...okay, you youngsters in here don't
>>> have a clue...but Bill Cosby did a hysterical routine about wearing
>>> new cordoroy pants.
>>> High quality pique is very dense, low quality is an 'open' weave. So
>>> you are trying to sew tiny letters on a service that goes up and down
>>> about 50% of the thickness every other thread or so in the weave.
>>> Some of the embroidery is going to be on the 'high' weave, some on
>>> the 'low' point. And if your straight lines end up parallel with the
>>> weave, they can almost disappear entirely. As the thread tightens up,
>>> it will pull the pique tight-now you can see 'through' the fabric
>>> because the material is compacted.
>>> Solvy will help keep the thread a little looser, and also keep it up
>>> out of the 'grooves'.
>>> Extra backing as others suggest is what you have to test-some use 1.5
>>> oz., double it, etc. We use 3 oz. cutaway but have heard of using the
>>> 'mesh' backing so I have some to test.
>>> And keep in mind-there will be times that you just have to tell a
>>> customer- " I cannot sew on that (or that small size) with this
>>> machine" and refuse the job, or resize it. People will bring in all
>>> kinds of stuff they bought on sale, or at a yard sale, whatever-
>>> figuring you will embroider it for $3 and make it look like something
>>> expensive. Learn to 'get your price' and when to say no!

>>> ===========================================================
>>
>> - - - - - - - -
>>

>> John Yaglenski
>> President / Chief Executive Officer
>> Levelbest Communications
>>
>> I: www.levelbest.com
>> P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779
>>
>> active website design . web hosting . content driven websites
>>
>> This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
>> privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
>> Levelbest,
>> immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to