[amayausers.com] Re: Hats

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:45:48 UT

This message was posted by Redina on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/927.html#000009

Not a rant but I too have cap issues. Not the digitizing but getting the cap to
stay in the frame. I do all the suggestions: trace, get it digitized for caps,
heavy cap backing, new needle, but the cap tends to slide out from under the
toothed band while sewing and then the registration is lost. Once I pull the
sweatband out toward the hooping frame as instructed, there is nothing for the
band to dig into since the seam allowance is now forward. I try to get it as
tight as I can but it still manages to creep out from under the band. Also on
the frame, the lower part of the piece that locks the brim protrudes toward the
cap and appears too long to allow the cap/brim seam to engage between the
teeth. I can't seem to get the teeth on the band to lock under the teeth on the
frame with a cap on it, but empty it is fine. I hope this makes sense and
someone can offer suggestions. I have watched the video several times and he
makes it look so easy.

Redina