[amayausers.com] Re: Hat problems

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:59:31 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/509.html#000001

Curtus,

How old is your machine? Is it an XT? What software version are you running?

 Why are you using standard acti-feed and not auto-actifeed? If you are using
"standard acti-feed", disable the bobbin detection found under the "Settings"
tab. If you have 7.00.xxxx software, are you using the "min auto lower limit"
tool found under Settings,Thread feed? ( You must be in the auto acti-feed mode
for this to be operational )

 Are you doing your own digitizing? Are these stock designs? Have they been
digitized just for cap sewing? i.e. to sew from bottom up and center out? Are
you adjusting for minimum column widths?

Why are you running the presser foot at 3 clicks up? ( the rule of thumb is to
have it all the way down and up two, but down more if needed).

What stlye(s) of cap are we talking about and which one gives you the most
problems. How much and what kind of backing are you using on what styles of
caps?

Why an 80/12....75/11 will sew lettering on caps much better. I have yet to
need an 80/12 or bigger to sew any caps.

As you can see, lot more questions than answers, but maybe will give you some
ideas to try........

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer