[amayausers] HEY EARNEST

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:45:45 -0500

Hey Earnest,
        Nice to meet you.  To date, I've installed about a dozen or so XT's at
various customer sites and so far I like what I see.  Can't wait to get my
hands on one for myself.  Of course one of the original "Red Ladies" with
the updated OS software would work just great for us too.
        True, they (XT's) require less fiddling with tensions but make sure you
familiarize yourself with the lubrication procedures and intervals of the
red and yellow thread feed rollers.  I keep running into customers who tend
to neglect this area due to ignorance and/or they're just too busy.  Then
they start having thread break problems and don't know why.  I think the
original red rollers appeared to be a little more forgiving when they needed
lubrication, but that was only because they had a slick surface and that
allowed the thread to "slip" - which ultimately would cut into the black
rollers.  Of course the system is better now, but I'd love to see thread
feed rollers with some sort of sealed bearings on both rollers.  Sure it
would increase the cost but it would be one less thing to have to worry
about as often.  I guess you could call me an "engineer wanna' be".

Good luck to you.
Ed