[amayausers.com] Re: Grouping Colors

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 02:11:14 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/226.html#000002

Ms. Marie,
First of all, it's suggested that the PC that is running your "Embroidery
System" be separate from everything you would use a standard PC for.
This PC should not have Virus Protection on it.  Just like the computer that
runs all the functions of your vehicle, doesn't have Norton Anti-Virus
protection on it as well.  You should never have a virus introduced into your
system unless you take files from unknown customers who might potentially try
to shut you down.  And if this were the case, you would scan this floppy disk
or memory stick with the suspicious file on a PC with Virus Protection before
introducing it to your embroidery PC.  Just like all the files you receive from
your digitizer via e-mail.

Our PC at our shop only has the Windows operating system and Melco software.
We might also have Adobe reader so we can read the Melco code sheets.  But
that's it.  Any other software would be on our everyday PC.
Needless to say we rarely have PC issues in our Embroidery dept.
Ed Orantes