[amayausers] Re: Gildan & Jerzees Youth sizes

  • From: Tom D'Auria <lastczar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

Susan -

I just did a rather large order for a pre-school
and used all Jerzees garments since they wanted
everything in royal blue and I wanted the best
chance of the shades matching.  I would also say
that different brands are different sizes even if
the labels say they are the same.

To eliminate any confusion, I sewed a sample logo
on all 5 types of garments - tees, crew, hoodies,
polos, and sweatpants in Small size and also
printed out a size chart and sent these along
with unembroidered garments in Medium size to the
school.  They allowed me to set up a table on
back to school night so people could look at the
clothes and judge for themselves.  They also kept
the garments hanging in the office for 2 weeks
while orders were being taken.

I delivered almost 200 garments last week and the
only complaint was that somebody thought the
t-shirt would be long sleeve.  No sizing
complaints at all.  Maybe it helped that my
sister is an aide at the school and helped the
process along, but I think if it will be decent
order, it is worth it to send some garments for
them to look at and judge for themselves.

Tom
Mr. Sew & Sew