[amayausers.com] Re: Getting down

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:44:04 UT

This message was posted by Oregonian1a on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/633.html#000008

I did notice a bit more hum in the motors over V7 and attributed this to
changed tuning parameters. I didn't give it much thought, and understand why
this occurs in these sorts of systems, or at least why it occurs with servo
motors. Not 100% sure how a stepper can become unstable, but my experience with
stepper systems was in an "open-loop" (no position feedback) configuration.

Thank you for reminding me that there is a hook timing adjustment. When I get
brave I will try that procedure. I have run a design on V9 OS that worked
without issue, but the latest does not without the thread snaping back out of
the needle on every trim. I ran the same file using V7 - no problem.

Maybe it's because I turned on the tie-off always option on that design? At any
rate, I am forwarding the problem to the government to see if I can some
bail-out money...  :)

Dennis