[amayausers.com] Re: Getting down

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:32:30 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/633.html#000004

As far as the software for Ver9....If I were you, if you haven't already,
uninstall Ver9 and re-install it. Does your machine "sound" different with Ver9
than with Ver7? High pitch whine or whirring noise? If so the X-axis cable may
need retensioned. Go thru a complete lubrican procedure, regardless of where
the timers are at right now. Check your hook timing, etc, etc. Un-installing
Ver 9 may un-install Ver7 also if you aren't careful and you may wind up having
to re-install both. Ver9 automatically installs into a file neame Melco. Ver7
installs into a file named Melco Embroidery Systems, which is part of the
reason why we can have both systems on the same computer. We just can't have
both of them "open" at the same time.

 Make sure all firewalls and/or virus programs are turned off before
re-installing. Always make sure DS and AOS are the last programs loaded. Don't
load other programs onto the computer. Big programs like Corel Draw and AI can
affect the registry in AOS/DS.

Also, load a design in AOS and then right click on the 3D icon in the toolbar
and uncheck "Hardware Accelleration". This affects it's performance. I was
recently at a customers site and found that the video clips in the Help section
of the new software wouldn't play with out first disabling the Hardware
Accelleration feature. Do this in DS also.

I have an XT and a standard Amaya(2004). After loading V9, a couple of the
quirks I see are that in DS, the program freezes up every so often. A work
around is just to do a control- alt- delete but do not click on End Session,
just X out of it. Seems to kick start into action whatever you were trying to
do last in DS????.

The other little nusiance is that the Auto activ-feed now does not work on the
Standard Amaya but works ok with the XT. Going back to Ver7 Auto actifeed will
respond on both machines...????

I am not experiencing any increase in mis-trims or thread breaks. I do see a
little better quality and suttle differences in some of the designs and small
lettering.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer