[amayausers.com] Re: Geech, I don't normally have thread breaks!!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:14:24 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/615.html#000009

Hi Rob,

Maintenance is something I don't ever depend on the timers for. I maintain
these machines daily and/or weekly depending on what and how much they're
sewing. I oil the bobbin, knife, etc. daily . . . other areas weekly, or as I
see necessary. I vaccuum or air-can areas that need it daily and am always
checking them. I'm probably over-diligent in the maintenance but heard too many
stories about negligence. I'm careful not to over-oil and am not afraid to pull
off the covers and check often. Amazing where a little piece of thread can rest
itself. There are no pockets of stray thread anywhere. No cracks. Just once in
awhile, a snap-snap as it's changing needles. I never liked the sound because
it's always "oh #&*%" and ends up being a false alarm. But I'd really like to
know more about this. I'll try the steppers instruction. Thanks for that.
Anything else you can think of, I would really appreciate it.

Geri in NJ