[amayausers.com] Re: Geech, I don't normally have thread breaks!!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 15:41:58 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/615.html#000006

GF
The snapping sound is the main threadfeed drive gear not lining up or meshing
properly with the gears on the threadfeed roller assembly. The threadfeed
roller assembly gears then drive the individual threadfeed rollers.

Debbie,
The right upper color change motor cover can be removed to check the condition
of the main threadfeed drive gear. It is a white nylon gear approximately 1.5"
in diameter. If this gear is broken or fractured it will cause the gear to
wobble resulting in gear slippage,for lack of a better definition, which in
turn will cause all kinds of grief. Eratic sewing, loose loopy stitching, false
or real bobbin and thread breaks, etc.. If it is fractured or broken, it will
need to be replaced.

I have often seen lots of thread get wrapped up in these gears which will cause
them to fail....it is mainly a maintenance issue..

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer