[amayausers] Re: Gaps in embroidery

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:21:35 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/46.html#000011

on th gap problem...sounds like what I see on fleece all the time...sewing on
opposite sides before the middle-and the excess fleece has no where to go but
'pucker' and you get what you think is a gap. I saw it real bad using stitch
saver as the full body of a limosine for jacket back-over 10" across.
Solution: first, make a separate file for that whole area and lay down a cross
hatch underlayment, 50-60 stitch density to tie it to your backing. Then, if
you can't control the sewing sequence, delete that original 'area' and create a
new one but as 2 or 3 separate but OVERLAPPING areas with the same fill pattern.
Set them so the MIDDLE area sews first, moves to the top, sews that, then moves
to the bottom and sews that one. If there is a border around it, you can use a
walk normal stitch to go from #2 to #3 without a thread cut/needle lift time
wasting jump. The border will hide your travel stitch.
I do it all the time-and with a little practice on the overlap, you will never
see the 'line' where the pieces all meet.
You need to go from center 'out' to push the excess 'pile' of fabric out of the
way. Always set your designs like sewing a hat...from the center out-and you
won't run into this.