[amayausers.com] Re: Fwd: Re: Thread fraying and breaking problem

  • From: "Kushnerick" <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:22:09 -0600

Hi Jerry

I haven't seen the design nor do I know the digitizer, so I don't wish to knock
whoever did the work for you but just as a general statement .....
unfortunately many who call themselves digitizers have the software but
completely lack the knowledge, skill, experience or desire to create a quality
design. Digitizing has a very steep learning curve and simply buying the
software does not make someone a digitizer.

Often so called digitizers use "auto-digitizing" software to quickly create the
design ..... the results are poor and the designs can be very stitch intensive.
However since many of these "digitizers" are charging per 1000 stitches for
their services they don't care really care because for them the more stitches
in a design, the more money they get paid.

Regardless of the format a design is in, it can always be edited. Now having
said that, depending on the editing required it can be an advantage to do the
editing in the native software format that the design was created in.

A great stitchout always starts with a quality design. If you wish to contact
me privately, for the future I can recommend a number of very good digitizers
who care about the quality of work they produce and I am sure there are others
in this group who can highly recommend someone also.

Use quality digitized designs ........ you machine will love you for it.

Bob