[amayausers] Re: Fonts on hats

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:46:57 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/35.html#000001

Some quick notes on what I"ve learned...and small letters are the death of me!
Rod and Sharon stopped in last week, and gave me the greatest bit of info...for
lettering, in the properties window where you set pull comp-under that is a
little box for 'minimum width' I think-and mine was defaulting to zero! He said
he sets it to 4 for normal, 10 for small lettering. This keeps your serifs and
curves from getting too small. Also, do NOT add ANY underlayment-the font
already has it in. What you probably are seeing is the 'border' underlining and
it is not necessary.
As your lettering goes across the design, suddenly you have 2-3 times the
density for that thread to pull through, and if you leave it set on manual, it
is pulling too tight. Leave it on auto, get rid of all underlayment, change the
minimum thickeness or width, and see what happens. I'll bet where your
lettering is on top of the design is also on top of the seam? You may have to
break the lettering up-by typing in separately the lettering 'off' the design
and 'on' the design-so you can change the settings just where it is needed.
I've done that before and had good results. But using auto, no underlayment,
and the width setting seems to do the trick now!