[amayausers.com] Re: Font Styles

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:40:48 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/329.html#000001

The problem is that without an image of some of the letters, we may have the
font you need but with another name! There is no 'universal' names for fonts
(other than Brush, Helvetica, Times, couple of others). It is a common practice
for 'programme developers' to change a few characters in a font and give it a
new name-then include it with the programs you buy as 'free font'.
I have over 7500 fonts on one Mac alone-and printed out 3500 of them one time.
Amazing to compare the pages-I'd say 10% are repeats with new names but same
fonts. You can't post an image here-but using amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxx maybe you
can include an image of what you need? Valentine does sound familiar so I may
have it-but chances are good it's an old Mac PS font and won't work with PC and
windows. But if I do have it and you tell me what the lettering is you need
done-I could do a vector lineart eps of it for you.
Roland