[amayausers.com] Re: Font

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:52:45 -0500

Thanks for the 'education'...I did double check and the 40 is weight, not color number. Must just be a difference in the quality of thread-the difference

in the sewout between ARC and Madeira (now that I know they are the same
weight) is enough to be noticed.
Madeira has more than just primary colors in 60 wt now-the salesperson on the phone was telling me about the color chart I had and how to tell which colors
are in 60 wt.
I am going to test some of the 60 wt on my next project and see what happens... couple of repeat jobs I do have a lot of small detail-so my jeep club logo will get
an upgrade on the spring shirts...LOL...

Roland R. Irish III

www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
Check out our 'instant' catalogs
http://www.plasticpromotions.com/?ID=SS850825D
http://www.healthypromotions.com/?ID=SS850825D
http://www.thewritepromotion.com/?ID=SS850825D

On Jan 19, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Rod or Sharon wrote:

Oh, and on needles, the larger the needle size, the larger the circumference is of the needle, so therefore, it pokes a bigger hole! So, if using a 60 weight thread, use a 65/9 needle---just be sure you use Organ needles because they have the larger eye so the thread can pass through the eye easier for high speed sewing.

With speed being mentioned, Amayas were designed to sew usually not to exceed 1200. They are capable of sewing higher, but they say, you can drive your car at 120 mph but you don't drive that speed. The machines sew their best at 1200. That is the speed all testing is done at as well.

Sharon