[amayausers] Re: Font

  • From: Eldred J Swapp <ejswapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

Spen·ce·ri·an [ spen s#63484;rree #601;n, spen sérree #601;n ]

adjective

with ornate handwritten letters: used to describe a style of handwriting with
perfectly formed letters and ornamentation of capitals
[Mid-19th century. Named for Platt Rogers Spencer  (1800?1864), a U.S.
calligrapher.]
Alexandre Script is a font which fits this descreption.
In going to www.clipart.com and doing a search for spencerian, in the font
group I find Nine differant types of spencerian font listed in their collection.
You will probably find that you have one of these already in your font
collection.
Good luck;
Joel

Jack Fuller <Jack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Phyllis
http://www.myfonts.com/search?search%5Btext%5D=spencerian will take you to
examples of Spencerian fonts. They are script fonts characterized by ornate
rounded flourishes and often use for monogramming. These may have to be
specially digitized as I have not been able to locate any such keyboard
fonts for you.
Jack Fuller