[amayausers.com] Re: Floor mats

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:46:25 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/397.html#000008

I think I may need to clarify something I stated in the earlier post. When I
said I wouldn't try to sew the mats with the rubber backing I was talking about
the heavy rubber that is attached to the carpet that keeps it laying flat on
the car floor.  Most auto and marine carpet has a black acrylic backing that
could be mistaken for rubber.

As far as hooping, I usually hoop two pieces of tear away in a jacket hoop and
then adhere the carpet to the top (over the hoop) with 505 adhesive, then I
clip the solvy to the carpet with the clips that come with the cap frames.

For dash mats I have used the outer portion of a jacket frame for large areas
and the outer portion of a 5.9 hoop for small designs and applied the hook side
of some velcro to the bottom edge.  you just lay out the dash mat and press the
hoop over the area where you want to embroider.  Just clip some solvy over the
hoop and your ready to go.

Steve
Trinity Embroidery