[amayausers.com] Re: Floor mats

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:29:49 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/397.html#000004

I do floor mats quite often for Auto Upholstery shops around town.  The only
thing is they do not have the rubber backing on them yet. They bring the raw
carpet, we sew on the design and then they attach the backing and bind them. If
you try to sew them with the backing attached you may be looking at some
expensive repairs.  If you feel the need to practice, go to an upholstery
supply store or an upholstery shop and get some automotive carpet. You will
need plenty of underlay, extra density and solvy.  Depending on how heavy the
carpet is a 75/11 or 80/12 sharp needle works fine.

Steve I.
Trinity Embroidery