[amayausers.com] Re: Floor mats

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:41:53 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/397/2.html#000024

Rod..thanks for mentioning the static...it really does affect some of the
sensors. Brian (our NH tech) demonstrated a quick way to check for static
electricity-by cutting a 12" or so length of thread-hold it between 2 fingers,
and move it towards the needle bank. When you see it swing towards the needle
bar-start pulling it away...he had it straight out! Said we had way too much
static.
I had to double check my outlets and the ground wire to clean it up. On my
plotters, I made up a 'ground' cord with just green coated 12g. wire on the
'ground' post of a 3 prong plug. This is plugged into the grounded outlet,
other end is striped and tightened under a ground screw on the plotters. No
more static anywhere now!
(and the ground wire, etc. was actually done by an electrician I had in here
one day-safer than 'do it yourself'...don't want someone getting zapped on my
account).
So yes, static does make a difference...