[amayausers] Re: Fast Frames for Dummies??

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:46:44 -0400

Luann- I found the adhesive back paper is NOT strong enough to hold the
nylon in place - as soon as we picked it up to put on the machine it would
slide off. So we got those 'wedge'  paper clamps-the hat hooper has small
ones on it-but we got 1 1/2" wide or so from Staples-came in a plastic 'tub'
and went around the fast frame with those. You have to fold the material
around the frame, but ONLY fold enough for the clamp to catch. Otherwise you
can sew through a fold underneath. Then, do a TRACE immediately and watch
the clamps-the 'handles' can stick up and catch the needle bar. IF so, take
the clamp off, and 'bend' both handles in one directions, so they stick down
and clear it.
Once the stitching has started and locked down the nylon to the adhesive
backing, there won't be anymore sliding around and the clamps have done
their job.
Because you have to 'fold' the nylon around the steel frame, you may have to
go up one size in the hoop. As long as you still have room for the 'nose'
underneath the needle plate to move around and NOT  force the 'pocket' to
pop off, it will work!
Roland

From: "image embriodery" <imageembroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [amayausers] Fast Frames for Dummies??

Backpack revisited.
Okay, I attempted to hoop the flap on the back pack and I cannot fit 2 inch
high letters within the area that could be hooped with the regular hoop.
But I do have the fast frames and they allow a large enough area for me to
get the initials on in the requested size.
But I am a bit confused on the actually hooping of the item with a fast
frame.
Can some one give me a quick tutorial?
Thanks so much!

LuAnn @ Image Embroidery