[amayausers.com] Re: Fast Frames

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:24:26 -0400

Please keep in mind-for the 'newbies'...that FAST FRAMES are not
a clamping hoop-they are a 'flat frame' that uses adhesive backed underlayment to 'stick' the garment to the frame, in addition to 'clamps' that will also help. Not very good for heavy items-and most tote bags have a 'rough' textured canvas
that doesn't lend to adhesive stickdown very well.
They do have a use for the right item-but it is not as fast to use as the descriptions
say.
The CLAMPING systems-although very limited in size, seem to be 'in between' regular 'hoops' and 'fast frame' idea-they use a cam-lever spring force to hold items down into a steel frame-similar to the fast frame. Very easy to use, great for repeated items the same size-I use them for tote bags, beanie hats, neckerchiefs and patches, jacket 'name drops', small things like that. Tried using them for polo shirt logos but it was easier and more efficient to stick with the Hoopmaster and round hoops-no
misalignment.
But beanies (knit caps) are almost done as fast as I can take them on and off-I set up a 'roll' of the right width backing instead of cutting individual sheets and pull the roll through as I set hats on. Very fast! I do the same with long strips of solvy on the top-
cut my waste by 75% and speeded up the whole process.
If you don't know which to use- fast frame or clamp system-drop a note in the Amaya board and tell us what you want to sew on-and ask for opinions on which system to
use.
Roland

On Sep 28, 2007, at 10:07 AM, barb.bunker@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

check out http://www.fastframes.com/7_in_one.htm