[amayausers.com] Re: False bobbin breaks and clanking noise after repair

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:09:06 UT

This message was posted by gcannon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1286.html#000001

Did you watch this "tech" do the procedures on your machine?  He needed to be
using guages and very specialized tools to do the repairs you describe, and if
he wasn't, I suspect that that may be the beginning of the problem.  Make sure
any Amaya tech you use is Melco certified, as the Amayas are a completely
different animal from all the others.  As far as the clanking- yes they do to
some extent- is the machine properly lubricated? try oiling the needle bars and
run a test pattern that uses every needle.  The clicking that you hear is the
main thread-feed gear not being "home" go under tools>maintenance>steppers>send
thread feed home.  False bobbin detect- try tightening up the bobbin tension
just a hair.  That's all I have time to input right now, but hope it helps some.