[amayausers.com] Re: False bobbin breaks and clanking noise after repair

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:38:31 UT

This message was posted by crookednail on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1286.html

Hi Everyone...
We have an Amaya "big red" and believe it or not this all starts with an uncut
thread...
The thread did not cut prior to traveling to another needle and it actually
pulled the head so the needles weren't lined up correctly.  Had a tech out that
replaced the takeup lever on needle 7 and adjusted the tread cutter which still
isn't cutting right (we have a new one to put on).  Then he was done "fixing"
the machine it sounded horrible!  Needle #7 sounds like my machine use to but
when sewing with any of the other 15 needles the machine makes a loud clanking
noise almost like something is hitting the tech assures me that this is how
they all sound and swears I won't do any damage running it and it's fine???  I
also notice a clicking sound as the needle case moves past each takeup lever
which wasn't there before.  AND I can no longer use my bobbin detect which was
working fine before and don't understand how that "went" bad with the repair.
We replaced the sensor bar and still can't use the bobbin detect without
constant false bobbin break messages...by constant I mea
 n no more than a couple of stitches and stops for a false bobbin break.  I've
replaced the bobbin case and checked the tension I have about a 2" drop.  Tried
adjusting the setting but am getting no where.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Sue