[amayausers] Re: Extended Warranty

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:27:47 -0400

We've had Dick come down from waaaay up in Vermont to check out the machine
after some initial problems-and seeing him go over it; decided it was WELL
WORTH having him come down in the future for maintainence-he goes over stuff
we wouldn't even think of looking for, also knows it inside and out-and also
knows how to run the 'test' pattern...I don't even know where to look for
that! LOL
But if I was worried about anything going wrong or whatever, I wouldn't
hesitate to admit I don't have a clue, and get him down here! Most of the
time it just sits there holding the floor down, but when we DO use it, a
week down waiting for parts or figuring out what's wrong could cost us well
more than a warranty payment!
If you know the mechanics of the machine and what problems 'sound like'
(yeah, he diagnosed AND fixed a problem over the phone!) then I can see
where you can gamble on just replacing parts. But for me, hearing how one
little part out of place can lead to damaging something VERY expensive-its
worth paying for the warranty and service!
Maybe after a couple of years, when we've had the experience and know what
to do when and where...let the warranty drop.
As long as they back up the warranty! I had a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara,
only 28,000 miles on it-transmission blew-and Daimler Chrysler outright
refused to honor replacement warranty!
So sometimes having a warranty is worthless too!
Roland

From: IHSpecial@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:11:31 EDT
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Extended Warranty

With the extended warranty, there's a $200 deductible. It runs year to year.
In order to be approved for the warranty, a tech must do a preventative
maintenance inspection. The service agreement covers the first one, but not
the subsequent ones required for the following years. When you read the list
of things not covered, you have to ask, wouldn't it be simpler to just give
the sort list of what IS covered.

Lou