[amayausers] Re: Embroidery on top of Silkscreen??

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:10:25 -0800

This might not be as bad as you think.
the problem is that screenprinting no matter who does it
will subject the shirt to heat of at least 300 degrees,
this will always shrink the shirt to a certain extent.
Say the shadow portion is exactly 5.5" wide after it is cured in the dryer it
may be only
5.35" wide, it's not much but it happens and has to be compensated for.
if it's a drop shadow under lettering or a logo you probably would be surprised
how much you could move the logo and still look acceptable but discuss it with
your
client first.

Have the printer add a dot at the center of where you need to embroider your
logo.
Maybe even a small line or two at both corners, so that you can line up the dot
with the center
and then rotate until the trace lets the laser touch the two other points at
the edges of the trace
(Hope this makes sense) mostly my advice is to work with the designer to have
markings
built into the art when it is printed that will be covered by correctly placed
embroidery and your line up
will be mush easier. it is really just a mater of centering the logo in the
hoop and line up the
design with the motion buttons and line up the laser on your alignment dots.
and then hit start.

Good Luck, hope I shed some light on issues you may run into.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches

1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504 Fax 541-471-0427

420 SW H Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526-2532

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bodycoverdesign.com