[amayausers.com] Re: Embroidery on Duffel Bags

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:18:43 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/342.html#000001

Hi Mary - I do a lot of sales of the BG98 and BG97.  I don't use the BG99.  The
two I use are very easy to embroider with one big caveat that maybe somebody
else can help me on.

The "pocket" that you embroider on which is on the side of the bag has a very
limited depth and width that is accessible.  If I'm explaining this correctly,
while the pocket looks large, the combination of the hoop/clamp/frame and the
cylindar arm of the XT severely limits the usable sewing space.

I am sewing a school name and logo now on about 10 bags and while it looks
great, the design is much closer to the top of the pocket than the bottom.  I
can't get the machine to go down that far without pulling the bag from the
frame.  Other than that, the bags are easy to sew.

If somebody can give me a hint about how to surmount this obstacle, I'd
appreciate it.

Good luck
Tom