[amayausers.com] Re: Embroidery Machine Insurance

  • From: "Frank Cahoon" <fec3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:54:31 -0400

It is really hard to compare what people pay for insurance without knowing
about the area, what type of coverage you are looking for, how large is the
space, will you have employees running to machine, how close will the
customers be, etc.  I would suggest you go and meet with a couple of local
insurance agents and explain what you are looking for.  I assume the mall
wants liability insurance coverage and not coverage on the machine.  If you
have a copy of the lease or at least the part about insurance coverage I
would suggest taking it to make sure you get what you need.  Also, some
insurance companies charge to add additional insured to a policy which I am
sure they mall will require.  Be sure to ask about that.  I think you will
be surprised about the cost.  We run an online business and one retail
location with two employees and it really is not much.  Also, if you have
not thought about it you may also be required to get a business license if
you are don't already have one, workers comp insurance if you use employees
(depending on state requirements), and other little things so make sure you
think of all of this.  I am sure if you get a good rent factor you can't
help, but make money that time of year.  Good luck and let us know how it
comes out.

Frank Cahoon
Cahoon's Closet, LLC