[amayausers] Re: Embroidery Library Last Supper

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:07:15 -0400

I've noticed on most of the Dakota Designs I've used that with a
little bit of
time in Design Shop I can eliminate up to half of the color
changes...just
sit back and figure out where the same color is going, and can it be
done in
a different sequence...instead of multiple useless color changes...
except where one color may need to overlap on top of another one for
a certain
effect...many times I can rebuild the design by figuring out which
colors can logically
be sewn all at the same time, even using a running stitch between
some fill areas,
that acts as an underlayment for a different color going down later.
Every saved 'thread
cut' is 20 seconds or so, and also one less chance for a thread that
doesn't grab on the tie
in!
Works everytime.
This sounds like one big headache of a design, but if you spent time
in DS, you may be
able to make it so much easier!
Hopefully it comes complete with an exact listing of thread colors so
you don't have to
pick them out?
Glad you feel adventerous!

Roland