[amayausers] Re: Embroidery Files

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:58:54 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/7/10.html

Hi Folks -  I'm not sure how many users read the Wall Street Journal, but there
is a front page article today regarding the illegal use of embroidery files and
how widespread it is.  Many people buy collections of designs, only to find out
that many of those were gathered illegally.  They usually don't find out until
the rightful owner of the copyright contacts them and asks to be paid under the
threat of a lawsuit.  I don't know how widespread this is, and would assume
that if you buy from reputable places like Dakota, you will be fine, but I
wanted to mention this to everybody.  If you want a copy of the article, please
contact me off-list since I don't believe I can attach it here.

regards
Tom