[amayausers.com] Re: EMC hoops with Amaya conversion bracket

  • From: "Jo-Anne" <jjace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:37:41 -0800

Thank you!  I will take your advice.

Jo-Anne

  _____

From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of e3m@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:10 AM
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: EMC hoops with Amaya conversion bracket

Jo-Ann,

If you are going to use this bracket on your Amaya, I would suggest you slow
your machine down when using it.  Maybe in the area of 800 spm or so
depending on the hoop and garment.  If you don't, you will run the risk of
registration problems, thread breaks, and with time, damage to your bracket
that is mounted on the hoop.  Understand that Amaya hoops are held on two
sides which is what's necessary to keep everything steady when sewing.  The
EMC hoops are only held on by one bracket and this bracket is only held by
small aluminum rivots.  They can get stretched over time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ed Orantes

Melco Tech & Trainer

-------------- Original message from "Jo-Anne" <jjace@xxxxxxxxx>:

> New list member here! Had to join after I found the archives and a search
> helped me answer my auto-split question for too-wide satin stitching on
> lettering.
>
> I purchased two EMC hoops and the Amaya conversion bracket (as sold by
Melco