[amayausers] Re: DraWings Digitizing Software

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:41:28 +0000

I have a customer who's buddy uses DRAWings and my customer says he swears by
it.  Of course my customer is new to the embroidery industry and couldn't tell
me more than that his buddy hits one button and he's ready to sew.  This I find
hard to believe. Possibly on a one color design???
DRAWings appears to work off of vector graphics which is the best means to
bring in your image as opposed to scanning it yourself or using "Jpegs or
bitmaps".  So goes the saying, "garbage in - garbage out", and of course "visa
versa".
I don't have the luxury of getting vector graphics from my customers.  Usually
it's a business card or a flyer or something.  And I don't waste time
converting to vector art because that takes time away from digitizing it myself.
Corel is a company with a reputation for good software but I wonder exactly how
much they know about embroidery.  Maybe they've partnered with someone in the
embroidery industry to create this DRAWings software.
I should say that at only $999 for the software, it's extremely attractive.  Of
course maybe the old saying might apply, "you get what you pay for"???  I don't
know.
From what I hear,...  Full software for Wilcom and Pulse can run between $15K
and $10K (I also hear Pulse is a nightmare to learn), Melco's Design Shop Pro
Plus can run between $7.5K to $10K,
DRAWings is around $1,000 and Embird software starts at $129 and you add
modules as needed.  Probably could get everything from Embird for just under
$1,000 and they do offer a 30 day trial version.
If anyone knows where one might find Demo Software for DRAWings, I'd be
interested to take a look at it.

Ed Orantes
Melco Tech and Trainer

Original message from "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------