[amayausers.com] Re: Does Melco ignore their customers?

  • From: Darlene Weber <image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 05:36:54 -0700 (PDT)

I just have to share my recent unsatisfactory experience with Melco and Melco
Service.  About 2 months ago I had an issue with my Red Amaya and had to have
the tech here to fix it.  Earlier in that week I was having a problem with my
XT and while on the phone with Tech Support, they told me I needed the new
update and sent it to me.  It arrived and I did not pay attention to what
version it was and I just installed it as I was extremely busy and needed to
keep things rolling.  Well, talk about problems, WOW!  I called back to tech
support several times and finally it was discovered that they sent me a version
extremely OLD.  I put my own version back in and from that point on I had one
issue after another calling support at least 2-3 times a day about one machine
or the other!  I finally insisted on them sending me a tech, so they did and
apologized and sent me the right version of update which the tech installed
when he was here.  Low and behold, problems continued!!!!!!!!
  Mind you, this went on for 5-6 weeks!!  NO Production getting done!!!!  After
all this time, a tech told me that my warranty had expired on my XT a month
earlier (when I had started calling and no one ever said a word!)  and they
could do nothing for me and everything would need to be my cost!  I was very
upset as I had never received any mail notification nor phone notification from
anyone at Melco to remind me that it would be expiring and to purchase the
extended warranty.  When Big Red was expiring, I couldn't get rid of them
selling me the extended warranty!!  I told him this and also emailed my sales
rep and it has been 2 months now and have still never heard of the extended
warranty!  Needless to say, I called the tech myself and paid him myself, $1500
later I am finally doing business again!

  I am not exaggerating when I say I did not successfully sew an order for 1
month due to these problems!  Oh yes, I forgot, when the tech that told me a
month after the fact that my warranty had expired told me it was my business to
keep track of that!  I don't know about you folks but I get buried with mail
when my car warranty expired for a year after the fact!!!

  I am to the point of adding another machine or two to the business, but at
this point I don't think I will stay with Melco.  I really like my machines for
flats, hate them for hats!!  I too have never been contacted for any follow up
and from this point I will no longer recommend Melco's to anyone!

Steve Cohen <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    I have two salespeople since my
original one (Don McCreadie) is totally worthless. I ended up calling Gerald,
salesrep in the southeast who referred me to one in Denver. It's pretty sad
that some sales reps don't return calls or answer emails. My new salesrep Daryl
is very good at handling emails and helping solve problems but no has ever
called me.
Gerald is the best salesperson at Melco and it's really too bad he doesn't
serve Maryland anymore and he even goes out of his way to help people that
aren't even in his territory.

---------------------------------
  From: JerryNiez@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:28:07 -0400
Subject: [amayausers.com] Does Melco ignore their customers?
To: info@xxxxxxxxx; AMAYAUSERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Subject:  [amayausers.com]  Re: Melco ignoring anyone else?

  I just read several posting on AmayaUsers.com complaining about the lack of
communications from Melco Corparate.  When I purchased our machines in 2004 I
suggested a monthly news letter with a "Tip of the Month."  You could include a
special buy of the month too.  The Group also mentioned a lack of communication
from the sales rep.  I can attest to that.  I HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED BY MY
SALES REP.  Once she had the sale she disappeared with my money and was never
heard from again.

  Jerry Niezgoda
  Traverse City, MI

  Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on
AOL Food.

  Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage. Get Windows Live
SkyDrive.