[amayausers.com] Re: Do hoops get tired?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:10:50 UT

This message was posted by Shuffletown Embroidery on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO
NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking
here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/776.html#000008

I was very pleased with the results. I'm getting ready to work with the
finished embroidery right now.
Rectangular hoops are a problem. We have a tendancy to tighten them down too
much because they don't hold as well. Consequently, I believe they have a
shorter useful life.
I have a home embroidery machine, a Bernina Artista, with an oval hoop (only 2
straight sides). The Swiss gurus engineered an inner ring with a reinforced
superstructure that helps it to perform as well as a round hoop. I wish that
Melco could do a better job with this 36x30cm hoop. It's a very useful size but
a bear to work with.
Mary