[amayausers.com] Re: Design shop Pro+ 2005 version & Vista

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:58:53 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/160.html#000002

Edna,
It may be tricky to go back in my memory to figure out what the changes were
from 2005 to 2006 to 2007.  But as you can imagine, Melco continues to make it
better every year.  One feature that comes to mind is the redraw tool in DS.
It is now on the front screen and very user friendly.  There are also many more
hoops available in the hoop manager.  A couple of Operator Alphabet fonts have
been added.
As for AOS, you've got the Auto Acti-feed feature that is a must if you don't
have it already.  Of course it has been fine tuned since it's inception so it
works rather well.  You also have a lower limit for the acti-feed feature that
allows you greater control.
It wasn't until the last quarter of 2007 that a version of Melco software came
available that made it compatible with Windows Vista.  I've only had the
opportunity to install it on one customer's computer and they don't seem to be
having any troubles to speak of but personally I don't like Vista as of yet.  I
guess it's because it's new and the fact that I'm so comfortable with Windows
XP/2000.  I've spoken with a great number of folks who feel the same about
Vista.  I'm sure in time people will warm up to it but don't know how long that
will take.
Ed Orantes