[amayausers] Re: Design Shop Question

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:07:16 -0800

Ron,

There is a few steps to do this.  First click on the expanded part of the
design on the right hand side (the tree).  Then right click on it and you
should se an option that says "convert to wireframe".  Once converted it
will show up as columns, walk stitches, etc.  Select the items you want to
change, right click and choose "change element type" .  It then gives you
the options of what type you want.  Complex fill should be one of the
choices.  Sometimes you have to convert to walk stitches and then convert
again to get to fill.  If none of this makes any sense or doesn't work call
me tomorrow and I can walk you through it.

By the way, as soon as you convert your expanded to wireframe look the
design over carefully.  An expanded design will save all the important info
that the original digitizer set up such as densities, stitch lengths, etc.
When you use the convert to wireframe option Design Shop does its best to
interpret those original settings and make them the same, but it doesn't
always do a perfect job.  You usually have a little cleanup to do.  If the
original had fills in it and you convert you may find the fill may look a
little different from the original.  Another great example would be if you
had a fill with a pattern in it (diamonds for example) and you convert to
wireframe you will lose that fill pattern.

I'm off to UPS and to get some patches sewn on.  If you need to call me call
in the morning :)

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx