[amayausers] Re: Design Shop

  • From: dlcompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:34:28 -0400

No....I have Melco's Letera for lettering (I also have Lettering Pro but I
don't use it). I can get all of Melco's alphabets if I want. It also uses
ofm and I can re-size ofm files (v2 only) well (I have the Dakota Collection
in ofm). Embird sometimes does a better job with sizing (of course it won't
read/save in ofm so I have to save as something else (I usually do dst). I use
letera to assign all my thread colors before saving to ofm so that loading in
OS I keep my colors.
I am considering buying the studio and font converter for embird. At less than
$300, I figure I can have my husband learn the digitizing (he likes CAD)! This
would hold me off a few more years until children are more out of the house or
at least out of my hair (my youngest is finishing kindergarten).

Dorothy Compton, Owner
Bee Embroidered
www.BeeEmbroidered.com
(916) 635-7467

From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:13 PM
o: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ubject: [amayausers] Re: Design Shop
This message was posted by Dorothy Compton on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT
EPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
ttp://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/72.html#000003
Herb,
I don't even own Design Shop. I opted not to purchase it when I bought my
Amaya.
 figured with 4 kids at home, working full time (no longer though!) and
eginning a new business that trying to learn digitizing was not the best use of
y time. I have sub-contracted out all my digitizing. I do have embird to make
mall edits and I use Click-n-stitch to generate a rough design for quoting
urposes.
Dorothy