[amayausers.com] Re: Decibel Level?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:25:23 UT

This message was posted by YDCustom on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1044.html

We've recently had an increase in business and thus been running our machines a
lot more.  Now, the three people that work in the sewing room are complaining
that the machines are having an adverse effect on their hearing, which I've
also noticed.  I've checked the technical manual and the casings of the
machines and can't see any declaration of the decibels produced by these
machines.  Does anyone know what the decibel level is on the following machines?

Amaya (original)
Amaya XT
EMT-10T

We're also running two industrial sewing machines, but I've been able to find
information on them.  I was hoping to avoid purchasing a decibel meter, as one
that meets the OSHA regulations is ridiculously expensive.