[amayausers.com] Re: Dakota Design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:22:08 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/309.html#000001

With luck someone that does digitizing will jump in here. This much shrinkage
is not an easy job. You can 'select all' and then shrink by using 'properties,
status' but then you still have to go in
and redo every piece of it-check line width, stitch density, etc. or
it is just going to be cramming same amount of stitches into less space. I 'm
in the middle of shrinking a custom logo now-15,000 stitches but I have to
bring it down to 10,000 and told the customer it won't work.
4500 of the stitches are in Garamond lettering, already .2" tall-pushing the
limits for that font. I can shrink their graphic-but no more on the lettering
and still be legible or even sew decently. So they have to decide on keeping or
throwing out the tagline.
For your tractor trailer-I will easily bet that you have to throw out 1/3 of
the detail in the design anyways...because you cannot take that much detail and
still sew it at half size.
Open it in Design shop, select all and then shrink it down-then look at on your
monitor at maybe 125% of size. If YOU can't see the detail at that size-start
deleting it-customer won't see it either at 100%. That will help get you going.