[amayausers.com] Re: Dakota Collectables Lic (Personal use ONLY)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:10:37 UT

This message was posted by Theresa S. on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/30.html#000014

You always need to be careful with intellectual property. Here is from the main
page on Dakota which shows all the "licensed" designs.  Front and Center of the
main page:

Dakota Collectibles Licensed Series Products

Licensed Products embroidery design software is licensed to the original
customer for personal embroidery use. These embroidery designs cannot be sewn
on items for resale.

Dakota has other items, that are their own designs, and when we purchase the
software, the license says you can stitch them out for resale.  This is no
different than, for example, wanting to stitch out sports team logos...and not
have the license to do it.

I, too, thought the Happy Bunny and some of the others would be fun to stitch
out and sell, but when I saw the restriction, decided against it because I knew
I would never get my ROI just sewing gifts.

Buyer be cautious:  Always read the license info before buying software. If you
can't find it, ask the seller before buying it.