[amayausers] Re: Dakota Collectables Lic (Personal use ONLY)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:38:22 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/30.html#000008

I have dealt with DMCA notices a lot (not for my business but dealing with our
customers at my full time job who post or sell trademarked or copyrighted
material or use peer-to-peer software to trade mp3's and software.) This is a
legal counsel you are dealing who has the right to contact your web hosting
company and have your whole website pulled down in seconds (I have done it
before many times.) Once you are in violation of the DMCA, you have no
recourse. The legal counsel will make your life hell if you don't comply and it
isn't worth your time, money or trouble to call Happy Bunny. Dakota has the
agreement with Happy Bunny that anyone who buys the software can not resell the
designs and it is written clearly on thier website. Web Hosting companies must
comply with notice for takedown if they have received the notice also or they
could face legal trouble as well. It is not something you want to mess with.