[amayausers.com] Re: DESIGN SHOP 7

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 02:27:59 UT

This message was posted by FME540 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/437.html#000014

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by signman:
 Then why is my original dongle 5 years old running DS 9?  ----- You don't have
to change the dongle when you upgrade the software. But, it must be enabled for
the version of software you are running. That may or may not require a code
depending on the specific version of software you are upgrading to. Also,
depending on the version DS may require a code with the upgrade but AOS will
not.

My original point was that the discs are not keyed to your dongle. Today I
talked to the Melco engineer who creates the disc images just to double check.
All of the discs are burned on a duplicator at the Melco facility in Denver
from a common image.