[amayausers.com] Re: Could the cap frame be my problem?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 19:48:34 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1224.html#000004

Before you go to the expense of buying new hoops...find someone else close to
you that would do some hats with YOUR hoops on THEIR machine and see what
happens! If they are close enough that you don't have to ship the hoops to them
but can bring them over yourself, maybe they can help you out with some 'this
is how I do it' training!
I know if you were close enough to us I'd be more than happy to do it...and I
also hate hats but only because we just can't make enough of them per hour to
make a decent profit...
as for distorting the hat, you DO have to 'flatten' out that brim to get it to
stay down-but don't worry-it comes back into shape after you are done with it.
Just have to 'roll' it with your hand and the shape is back. Works for us. And
if the hat is properly hooped, the brim should not rub on the back of the
needle head. The WACF frame has the 'clamp' for it-and if you use the CCF (old
style) hat hoop like we do, you can buy a 'conversion' kit that is mini 'bungee
cord' setup that works great. That's all we use here-the WACF is under the
counter in a box somewhere collecting dust...