[amayausers.com] Re: Copyright ? - Graphics similar to characters

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:38:54 UT

This message was posted by Marcelle on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/10/119.html#000004

Good question.  I am not sure.  After Signman's information I emailed the site
CSC and asked if the designer had the required permissions and would be giving
permission to the buyer/digitizer for use of the designs and that I did not
want to get into a copyright infringement issue.  I first got an email that my
question would be forwarded to the artist.  Then about 15 minutes later I
received another email that the set had been pulled until the issue could be
researched.  It also mentioned there was a 30% change requirement for similar
artwork.  The 30% would not agree with Signman's post.

I liked the artwork and would be happy to be able to digitize it but I could
not see any way that it would not be an infringement.  I won't be doing any of
that type designs.  Signman sounds like has 'been there/done that' and it might
not have been so pleasant.  Just not worth it.