[amayausers] Re: Computer question

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:02:31 -0400

As a full time computer tech and part-time embroiderer, I wouldn't worry
about the processor speed on any new computer. They are fast enough now to
handle any application that you are currently running. I would get at least
1gb of RAM (If you have the budget for 2gb, that would be even better) and
at least a 128mb graphics card (A lot of new computers come with 256mb now
which is fine for embroidery and Photoshop.)  Older versions of DesignShop
will not run on Windows Vista so you might want to look at Dell which still
sells Windows XP machines. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Steve

From: Jstgrma@xxxxxxx
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Computer question
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:09:51 EDT

I'm going to get a new computer and would like to know what is  needed.
I'll
be using it for DS Pro +, graphics programs and that's about  all.  I'll run
OS from another computer and the new one won't be  online.  What are the
minimum requirements I should look for?
Thanks!
Karen
Embroidery Plus