[amayausers.com] Re: Complex fill

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:10:52 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/252.html#000010

Jerome,

I would not consider this discussion to be arguing.

There must be a reason that your software is or appears to be "bug prone".

As "techs", we are instructed to advise the customer to always install DS and
AOS as the "last" programs to be loaded on any computer. This is because other
big powerful cad programs such as Corel Draw and/or Adobe Illustrator will
alter the registry if it finds simular files by replacing them with their own.
That is a much simplfied explanation, but having these large cad programs
loaded on top of DS/AOS has been known to be a problem.

Another thing...if you haven't already done this, "Right" click on the 3D icon
and de-activate "Hardware Acceleration" by unchecking it. This feature will
definitly affect DS/AOS functions. They just don't like each other. Hardware
Acceleration, I am told, only needs to be on if you are going to play some of
the high end X  games, etc....there are folks out there that understand this
process much better than I..I don't play any computer games....

So there are a couple of problem areas, with work arounds for them.....

The reason that Melco advises dedicated computers, in my opinion, is simply
because it would eliminate a whole host of known varibles and simplify the
process of elimination when trying to trouble shoot any given problem....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer