[amayausers.com] Re: Color system and effects on object

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:55:58 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/876.html#000004

The software industry calls it DRIBBLEWARE.  Rather than releasing a product
that is completely bug free, they rush a release of software, and then rely on
real users testing and reporting bugs - as they dribble out repairs.

If everyone is being honest here, this upgrade (being as major as it was) could
have used another month or two in the beta stage - because as is being reported
here - there are still many issues to be worked out.

The nice thing is, I really believe that when feature complete and bug free, v9
is a very nice upgrade in terms of features and sew quality improvements.
Also, the live update feature for incremental upgrades is very much needed and
welcome (rather than having to be sent discs each time).

I'd just wait till late spring/summer before upgrading or switching if I was an
average user till the kinks are worked out - or if you do upgrade, keep both
versions running and learn as you go.