[amayausers.com] Re: Color Stepping

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:40:13 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/377.html#000007

Hi John, yes, I got that tip from Sue Biele at Melco and it is yet another good
option to step through the colors. I prefer the red icon because all the other
colors stay on the screen, except for the one that's selected. For instance, I
may want to see what elements are affected by stop 12 out of 32 color stops. I
can select 12, and only that element disappears. It was more comfortable (for
me) to have it on the palette because if I decided that color should be
different, I could right-click at that point and change the color there. Which
can still be done on the right side of the design tree.

In the large picture of this Version 9 upgrade, WOW! My machines at idle are so
quiet I have to check their lights to make sure they're on. It's a welcome and
amazing improvement! The sew quality is certainly an improvement as well. The
machines just sound tighter and smooth.

I completely revamped my PC so it was a totally clean install of everything
from the MS XP operating system, etc. No problems with anything. The screen is
different but not frustratingly so . . . it looks much like any other software
program and takes a little bit of patience to figure where things are. I had no
problem with screen real estate as was previously discussed. I have a 19" flat
screen and it's fine for me.

The newness of V9 is kind of like cooking in someone's else's kitchen . . .
just have to figure out where everything is but it is somewhere.

So far, my experience with V9 is thumbs up. It's only been two days . . . but a
successful two days both software and hardware related. I also signed up for
the extended warranty agreement as insurance for any problems so the peace of
mind from that is adding to this in a positive manner. I hate the cost, but I
think it will pay for itself after awhile. Last year, I had a tech here about
four times which I calculated in my decision. I still think it should include a
yearly maintenance checkup for belts, cables, etc. That would just be a good
business decision to put into practice and would save money for both parties in
the long run.